Confessions of seemingly somewhat well adjusted Jewgirl

A sorry attempt at blogging from a girl who could never even keep a diary. Tune in to see if anything even materializes.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

One of the most difficult things I've ever had to do

I wrote an email to my student telling him why I couldn't come to tutoring anymore ... soooo sad


I'm writing this letter to let you know that I can't come to tutoring any longer. If you remember I've been coming to Fresh Air Fund for a while now and have really loved every minute of it. Unfortunately, I've been put in a position where I need to make more money and I'm now working 3 jobs. The 3rd job requires that I work nights and unfortunately this conflicts with tutoring. I'm the kind of person who tries very hard to fit everything into her life so I told Dthat if she's low on tutors one night she can call me and if by chance I'm available I'll run over to help out.

I want you to know that I'm very proud of you for how hard you work and how involved you are in everything. Over the past 3 years that I've been helping out at FAF I've gotten to see you grow up. I love that you are excited to show everyone how well you're doing in class, I think City at Peace is a fun and exciting program and I hope you can figure it into your schedule as well. I remember watching you play soccer at camp, you're a great soccer player! I want you to keep up your good work, keep your ears and eyes open, listen to your parents, teachers, friends. Make good decisions. Enjoy being a big brother, I know you'll make a wonderful one!

Keep in touch with me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sniff* ;(

Thursday, October 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home