Confessions of seemingly somewhat well adjusted Jewgirl

A sorry attempt at blogging from a girl who could never even keep a diary. Tune in to see if anything even materializes.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Goldilocks and the Three Bears

It’s been a busy weekend. I’ve laid out in the sun and gotten no color. Damn my non-tanning, non-burning Middle Eastern complexion! Met some neighbors. Typical Jewboys from Long Island and Rockland County. I slept a lot. Saw the World Cup with over 200 Frenchies (silently cheered for Italia) and snuck into the movies to watch Superman Returns. Was fully intending on buying a ticket for the movie when I found out the movie was sold out, so I snuck in.

Was just on the phone with a friend whose title most recently changed to “married lady” she was a stunning bride and now she’s a wife. She seems totally ready for this role, there was very little nervousness, no streaks of bridezilla, definitely a lifetime of preparation to be a wife and I’m sure it will be the same when she pops out her first baby. It’s exciting when the first of your friends gets married. Even if it does happen within weeks of your break-up with your boyfriend who you were convinced you were going to marry. (Either way thankful that didn’t work out! He turned out to be a bit of a lost puppy. Puppies are cute until they pee on your floor.)

So now it’s on to a new stage in our friendship. She asks me for juice on my increasingly dry and uneventful love life. She vents about her in-laws and renovations on her recently purchased money-pit, and tries to figure out who she might try to set me up with … the last of her single friends. Amazing that at 24 I’m the last of her single friends!

I've had some really spectacular relationships. I feel a bit like Goldilocks and the Three Bears ... except its taking me way more than three tries till I'm happy with what I've got. Relationships have been, too hot, too cold, too small, too long, too quiet ... soon enough it will be just right.

Can’t decide if I’m single and fabulous or single and overwhelmed.

An article, reminiscent of the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears … only in reverse. What would you do if a bear was eating oatmeal at your kitchen table? Offer him honey of course!
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1884979.html?menu=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home