Confessions of seemingly somewhat well adjusted Jewgirl

A sorry attempt at blogging from a girl who could never even keep a diary. Tune in to see if anything even materializes.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Its like riding a bike

So a few days ago someone used the expression "its like riding a bike" ... I don't know how to ride a bike. Every time I share that little bit of information with people I get the same reaction "You don't know how to ride a bike?" yes that’s what I just said, and then the inevitable "I'll teach you! It’s easy! You just need to learn from someone you trust!" the best is when this comes from a guy that I'm dating or just talking to followed by a smirk. Why do they smirk? Do they know I'm trying my best not to believe a word they tell me? I've tried to learn to ride a bike, from people I should trust, it has nothing to do with trusting the person teaching you and a lot to do with trusting yourself, trusting your ability to maintain balance, learn how to fall and not cry when you skin your knees. I have horrible balance, I try to avoid falling at all costs, and cried like a baby last time I skinned my knees (actually I can't remember the last time I skinned my knees) I'm still learning to trust myself, doing much better at it these days ... Don't cry as easily as I used to ... at least I can swim and definitely tread water ... is there any hope for me yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home